Clash of Clans is a mobile game that everyone knows and loves. But, can you take the fun to a whole new level by playing on PC? Let's find out...
Clash of Clans is Supercell's massively popular free-to-play strategy game that anyone can play on their mobile device. Over its nearly decade-long supremacy as one of the best games in the app store, many people have often asked the question of whether you can play Clash of Clans on other devices - one of those devices being PC.
It just makes sense, right? A popular and successful game like Clash of Clans can surely be played on PC. Well, today we'll answer this age-old question. Check it out!
Can You Download Clash Of Clans On PC?
Technically, no. Supercell has not released an official PC port for Clash of Clans and unfortunately, there are no plans to develop that. You can currently only play Clash of Clans on Android and iOS devices.
However, there is another way you can play Clash of Clans on PC: through an emulator. See below for how you can do just that.
How Can You Play Clash Of Clans On PC?
Emulators are applications that allow you to download and play mobile games onto your PC. You'll be spoilt for choice as there are many emulators available that can be downloaded onto your PC. BlueStacks is currently the most popular, trustworthy, and - most importantly - free emulator pick for any mobile gamer hoping to play their favorite games on PC.
Bluestacks can currently only support Android devices. However, if you have an iOS device, there are alternatives such as Appetize.io, which can support the Apple app store. Regardless of the emulator app you choose to use; the instructions should relatively be the same.
Follow these simple instructions, and you'll be playing Clash of Clans in no time:
- Download the BlueStacks application from the official site.
- Open the BlueStacks application on your PC.
- Find the Google Play Store and open it.
- Sign into your Google account (and agree to the terms of service if asked).
- Search for Clash of Clans in the search bar above.
- Download the game and start enjoying Clash of Clans on PC!
Perks OF Playing Clash Of Clans On PC
Playing Clash of Clans on PC is about the same gaming experience you would get if you play the game on mobile. However, there are certain minor perks that will be open to you with a keyboard and mouse.
Here are the perks of playing Clash of Clans on PC:
- Keymapping: You can map commands such as deploying units or activating Hero abilities to certain keys on your keyboard.
- Accuracy: With a mouse, you can accurately deploy troops on the edge of tiles if you really want to test the limits of their attack radius and also enemy defense attack radiuses. This will definitely beat the scattered troop deployments that you've probably done on a small mobile screen.
- Bigger screen: Playing on PC would obviously grant you a bigger screen to play Clash of Clans with.
- Multi-account functionality: On an emulator, you can sign into multiple Clash of Clans accounts. Not exactly a massive perk for most users, but can be useful if you're smurfing.
Unfortunately, it's not always fun and games. There are minor disadvantages if you play Clash of Clans on PC. Having a big screen to work with is a plus but can be a mobility setback if you want to move around on the map quickly during battle. You'll definitely be putting an extra shift in if you rely on swarming your opponents with troops. Needless to say, playing on a laptop with the mousepad would be a catastrophic setback for mobility and ease.
Stay up to date with the latest Clash of Clans news and guides: