Here's a complete overview of the April 2023 content update in Pokémon GO.
April marks the start of Season 10, Rising Heroes, in Pokémon GO. This new season will last from March 1 until June 1 and will highlight the Hero in all of us, according to the devs.
In any case, it's the start of a new month and you know what that means. Niantic will be treating everybody to a fresh batch of Pokémon, events, raids, and more. It's a month you won't want to skip out on if you want to earn and collect some of these amazing new rewards.
Let's go over everything you need to know about the April 2023 update.
Pokémon GO April Update - Five-Star Raids
Three Five-Star Raids will be available in Pokémon GO this month. They will start and end at 10 am local time on the dates mentioned below.
These are this month's Five-Star Raids:
- March 28 - April 11: Lugia
- April 11 - 17: Incarnate Forme Landorus
- April 17 - May 2: Tapu Bulu
Pokémon GO April Update - Mega Raids
Four Mega Raids will be available in Pokémon GO this month. They will start and end at 10 am local time on the dates mentioned below.
These are this month's Mega-Star Raids:
- March 28 - April 4: Mega Alakazam
- April 4 - 11: Mega Lopunny
- April 11 - 17: Mega Blastoise
- April 17 - May 2: Mega Slowbro
Pokémon GO April Update - Raid Hours
Four weekly Raid Hours will be held this month in Pokémon GO. As usual, these will be held between 6 - 7 pm local time.
These are the Raid Hour days and the pokémon you can get:
- April 5: Lugia
- April 12: Incarnate Forme Landorus
- April 19: Tapu Bulu
- April 26: Tapu Bulu
Pokémon GO April Update - Spotlight Hours
Four weekly Spotlight Hours will be held in April. As usual, these will be between 6 - 7 pm local time.
These are the Spotlight Hour days and the Pokémon you can get:
- April 4: Exeggcute (2x Candy for catching Pokémon)
- April 11: Shellder (2x Candy for transferring Pokémon)
- April 18: Trapinch (2x XP for evolving Pokémon)
- April 25: Tangela (2x Stardust for catching Pokémon)
Pokémon GO April Update - Events
Pokémon GO will be running a series of brand-new events in April:
Here's a look at all of this month's events:
- April 4 - 10: Spring into Spring
- April 9: Elite Raids
- April 13 - 17: A Mystic Hero
- April 15: April Community Day
- April 20 - 26: Sustainability Week
- April 23: Limited Research
- April 29: Community Day Classic
Pokémon GO April Update - Research Breakthrough
You'll need to complete Field Research tasks to unlock Research Breakthrough encounters. You will need to use one of the following pokémon:
This event will be available between March 1 and June 1.
Stay up to date with the latest Pokémon GO news: