Brawl Stars' biggest esports competition, the Brawl Stars Championship, promises to be a phenomenal spectacle in 2023. Here are all the details about it.
The fifth installment of Supercell's annual Brawl Stars esports competition, the Brawl Stars Championship, will be bigger and better in 2023. The previous iterations have demonstrated the game's growing, vibrant, and international community, so the upcoming tournament will take it up a notch with a slew of important changes. These range from the qualification process, to the rules, and to the prize pool, and more.
It will be a year in the making before we finally discover who will be crowned the World Champions for 2023, but it doesn't mean we can't get a headstart on what we can expect from this blockbuster competition. Let's walk through all the details about the Brawl Stars Championship 2023 and all of its new additions.
Brawl Stars Championship 2023 - Schedule
The preliminary rounds of the Brawl Stars Championship will begin in February 2023. Though the entire schedule of the year-long event has not been revealed, we have an idea of the schedule in the opening month:
- February 3 - 5: Championship Challenge
- February 11 - 12: Monthly Qualifier
- February 25 - 26: Monthly Finals
Brawl Stars Championship 2023 - Teams
After the qualifying matches have been completed, the 12 most successful teams will participate in the Brawl Stars World Finals 2023. At the moment, no teams have officially qualified for it.
This is how the teams will be decided:
- 8 teams will join from the regular Brawl Stars Championship tournaments. These will include grassroots as well as Supercell-organized competitions.
- 4 teams will join from the 'Last Chance Qualifiers'. The runners-up from each region will compete for one of these four final spots.
A new rule has been added to 2023's iteration of the Brawl Stars Championship: Tagging out. This allows teams to swap players in their roster between matches.
Brawl Stars Championship 2023 - New Sub-Regions
Several new sub-regions have been added to the already existing regions in the Brawl Stars Championship. Here's a look at these new regions:
- Singapore and India in Southeast and South Asia
- East and West South America
- East and West North America
Brawl Stars Championship 2023 - Prize Money
The prize money for the Brawl Stars Championship monthly finals has increased. The amounts will vary for each of them.
Besides this, the prize pool money for the World Finals has increased to USD $750,000. This is a massive increase to the prize pool which was only USD $500,000 in 2022.
Brawl Stars Championship 2023 - Map Pool
The map pool for the six game modes that will be played in the Brawl Stars Championship 2023 qualifying rounds have been revealed. These are:
- Bounty: Shooting Star, Canal Grande, Layer Cake
- Brawl Ball: Super Beach, Pinhole Punt, Sneaky Fields
- Gem Grab: Hard Rock Mine, Double Swoosh, Crystal Arcade
- Heist: Pit Stop, Safe Zone, Bridge Too Far
- Hot Zone: Ring of Fire, Dueling Beetles, Open Zone
- Knockout: Goldarm Gulch, Out in the Open, Belle’s Rock
Stay up to date with the latest Brawl Stars esports: