Twitch and Urgot will be added to Wild Rift in patch 4.1. Here's a look at them and their respective abilities.
Riot are bringing two of the biggest threats to hail from Zaun to Wild Rift. Urgot the Dreadnought and Twitch the Plague Rat will make their inaugural game debut during patch 4.1.
Set to arrive on March 16, the update will also implement sweeping changes to tank items, kick off Ranked Season 9, add a new Wild Pass, and introduce more champion skins to Wild Rift.
We have no doubt the upcoming patch will be a stellar one. So, let's go over the new champions and how you can expect to see them in play.
Wild Rift Patch 4.1 Champions - Twitch And Urgot
Twitch is a marksman who is a great pick for the bot lane. He's a master at ganking so use him to catch your opponents off guard. If you're looking for a consistent damage dealer, look no further than Twitch and his poison abilities.
Here's a brief overview of his abilities:
- (Passive) Deadly Venom: Twitch's basic attacks will be equipped with poison. This will deal true damage per second on the enemy hit.
- (First Ability): Ambush: Twitch will become camouflaged and gain movement speed for a short duration. When exiting his camouflaged state, his attacks will briefly stack even more poison damage (on top of the damage from Deadly Venom). This ability's cooldown will be reset when an infected enemy dies.
- (Second Ability) Venom Cask: Twitch will throw a venomous cask onto an area. Enemies caught in this area will be slowed and have Deadly Venom applied to them for some time.
- (Third Ability): Contaminate: Twitch sends out a lethal toxin to each nearby enemy who is affected by Deadly Venom. This toxin will deal physical damage to varying amounts depending on how many stacks of Deadly Venom the enemy is afflicted with. When contaminating an enemy with max stacks, the damage will spread to nearby enemies, and they'll gain a poison stack.
- (Ultimate) Spray and Pray: Twitch will unleash the full power of his crossbow to gain bonus attack range and attack damage. This will also enable his attacks to cut through all enemies in a line.
Urgot is a powerful champion ideally suited for the Baron lane or jungling. He combines brute force and ancient Zaun technology to eliminate all those that oppose him. Urgot uses his abilities to strong effect, especially during close combat.
Here's a brief look at his abilities:
- (Passive) Echoing Flames: Urgot's basic attacks and Purge ability can periodically trigger blasts of flame from one of his six legs. These will deal physical damage to any enemies caught in its path. Bear in mind that each leg has a cooldown before it can be triggered again.
- (First Ability) Corrosive Charge: Urgot fires an explosive charge at a target location. Enemies caught in the explosion area will take physical damage and be slowed.
- (Second Ability) Purge: Urgot reduces his movement speed to allow himself to continuously fire his weapon while he's moving.
- (Third Ability) Disdain: Urgot charges in a selected direction. In doing so, he shields himself and steamrolls over non-champion enemies. If he hits an enemy champion while he's charging, Urgot will stop and hurl them out of his way.
- (Ultimate) Fear Beyond Death: Urgot fires a chem-drill that impales the first enemy champion it hits. If the champion falls below a certain health threshold after this strike, he will execute them
Stay up to date with the latest Wild Rift news and guides: