The Forces from Beyond expansion has introduced several new mechanics to Legends of Runeterra. One of which is the new keyword, Hallowed, which was introduced alongside the new champion Gwen! Let's take a look at the details!
Hallowed is a new keyword that joins Legends of Runeterra as part of the new Forces from Beyond expansion that was released on July 20, 2022. We've already seen a new Evolve keyword introduced alongside Kai'Sa and the new Agony's Embrace Origin with Evelynn. Gwen will be the third and final new champion from the new expansion that will bring the Hallowed keyword to play!
Here are all the details you need to know about it.
New Keyword: Hallowed
Gwen is a new Shadow Isles champion in Legends of Runeterra and she brings with her the Hallowed keyword. It's a simple mechanic that can have a devastating effect when it is stacked. This is how Hallowed works:
- Hallowed: After I die, for the rest of the game when you commit an attack, hallow your first attacker, giving it +1|+0 that round. Thie effect stacks depending on how many Hallowed units have died this game.
Players have argued that Hallowed is a better-designed Lurk keyword. If you're unfamiliar, Lurk grants Lurker allies everywhere +1|+0 while a Lurk card is at the top of the deck.
A series of eight other Hallowed units supporting the new Hallowed keyword was revealed too. Let's take a closer look at them, their stats, and their keywords.
- Ghostly Paramour: Lifesteal and Hallowed keywords
- Conductor of the Mists: has Hallowed keyword and creates a Ghastly Band in hand as its Last Breath death trigger.
- Strike up the band: a three-mana Slow spell that summons two Ghastly Bands.
- Ghastly Band: a one-mana 2/1 with Ephemeral and Hallowed keywords.
- Boisterous Host: one-mana 2/1 card with Hallowed keyword.
- Eternal Dancers: six-mana 3/6 with Hallowed keyword. When it attacks, it revives an attacking Ephemeral copy of the strongest dead ally other than Eternal Dancers with the same power or less.
- Phantom Butler: two-mana 3/1 card with Fearsome and Hallowed keyword.
- Formal Invitation: three-mana Burst spell that creates copies in hand of two allied followers that have died in the game.
If you'd like to check out the mechanic for yourself, watch the keyword introduction that was included in Gwen's official Legends of Runeterra reveal trailer:
Stay up to date with the latest Legends of Runeterra news and guides: