The latest expansion in Legends of Runeterra will introduce a new champion Origin to the game. Evelynn will be the champion in question and her Origin will shake up deck building!
A new Origin will be coming to Legends of Runettera in the new expansion! Evelynn is one of the three champions that will be joining Legends of Runeterra in the Forces from Beyond expansion. Kai'Sa introduced the new Evolve keyword, and Gwen introduced the new Hallowed keyword. With Evelynn, she will introduce a new Origin: Agony's Embrace.
Let's take a closer look at Evelynn, the new Origin, and the slew of cards that will synergize well with Evelynn!
New Champion Evelynn And Agony's Embrace Origin
Origin was first introduced to Legends of Runeterra in patch 3.8 with champion cards Bard and Jhin. The Origin of these cards allows specific cards to be added to the deck regardless of their region. Agony’s Embrace, Evelynn's Origin, allows players to put any cards that summon Husk tokens into a deck during deckbuilding.
Evelynn starts the game as a four-man 0/5 card. Upon being summoned, she will herself summon a random Husk token. When any of these allied Husks are destroyed, their respective stats and positive keywords are given to Evelynn for that round, and her stats are boosted to 5/5. At the end of a round, Evelynn will then return to her level one form unless six or more allies have died during this game. A random Husk will be summoned too.
Evelynn will also have a new spell, Last Caress, which is a five-mana Fast speed spell that stops all enemy spells and skills from targeting her. She will then strike an enemy afterward.
Seven other cards were released that will be incredible support cards for Evelynn and her new Origin. These cards are:
- Allure: two-mana Focus card that summons a random Huk and grants it +1|+0.
- Hate Spike: two-mana Fast card that kills an ally to deal two damage to a unit and summon a random Husk.
- Sultur: two-mana 1/3 card that summons a random Husk when Sultur is summoned.
- Vora: three-mana 3/2 card that summons a random Husk when Vora Is summoned.
- Domination: three-mana 2/1 that summons a random Husk when this Domination is summoned. When a one-cost ally is summoned, grant it +1|+0.
- Solitude: five-mana 4/4 that summons a random Husk when Solitude is summoned. When a one-cost ally is summoned, grant the ally a random keyword.
- Steem: six-mana 6/5 Scout card that summons a random Husk when Steem is summoned.
Stay up to date with the latest Legends of Runeterra news and guides: