Patch 3.5 will be introducing three new champions to Wild Rift: Aatrox, Kayn, and Lillia. Here's a look at them and all of their abilities.
We're entering a new era of Wild Rift in patch 3.5: Darkin to Dawn. This will introduce a variety of updates including changes to the jungle, a new Wild Pass, additional champion skins, tweaks to runes & items, and most importantly, new champions.
Aatrox, Kayn, and Lillia have been revealed as the three champions that will arrive in Wild Rift in patch 3.5. They'll introduce dynamic abilities that will allow you to deal damage, support your teammates, and better take down your enemies.
Let's take a look at these new champions and their respective abilities.
Wild Rift Patch 3.5 New Champion - Aatrox
Aatrox is a damage-dealing force of devastation that will be a champion perfectly suited for the Baron lane. At the height of his potential, his chain-like abilities will allow you to charge into team fights and quickly take down enemies. His passive healing abilities will make him almost unkillable and truly a durable champion any team would want.
Here are all of Aatrox's abilities in detail:
- Deathbringer Stance (Passive): Aatrox's next basic attack occasionally deals bonus physical damage and heals him based on the target's max health.
- The Darkin Blade (First Ability): Aatrox will slam his sword down to deal physical damage. On each cast, he will target a different area.
- Infernal Chains (Second Ability): Aatrox will unleash a ground smash that will deal damage to the first enemy hit. Champions and large monsters will have to leave the impact area quickly or they will be dragged to the center and take additional damage.
- Umbral Dash (Third Ability): Aatrox will passively heal when damaging enemy champions. Once activated, he will dash forward in a given direction.
- World Ender (Ultimate): Aatrox will unleash his true flying demonic form and gain bonus attack damage, healing, and movement speed. The duration of these buffs is extended for every takedown you get.
Aatrox is planned to be released during patch 3.5 on November 17.
Wild Rift Patch 3.5 New Champion - Kayn
Kayn is an assassin-like champion who slots in nicely as an ADC or Jungler. He comes with a special ability that allows him to tailor his passive ability to better suit his needs in the game. On top of that, Kayn's other abilities grant him immense damage-dealing potential that can swiftly take down enemies.
Here are all of Kayn's abilities in detail:
- The Darking Scythe (Passive): A unique passive that allows Kayn to choose between two forms - Darkin (Rhaast) or Shadow Assassin. These forms are charged whenever he attacks specific enemy champions. When one form is fully charged, Kayn can permanently gain the passive bonus of one of these forms by selecting it in the fountain (This choice can't be changed later in the game). Darkin (Rhaast) is charged by dealing damage to/killing melee champions. It will heal Kayn for the damage he deals to enemy champions. Shadow Assassin is charged by dealing damage to/killing range champions. It allows Kayn to deal bonus damage to champions when first entering combat.
- Reaping Slash (First Ability): Kayn will deal damage by dashing forward and slashing all those around him. As Darking (Rhaast), this will deal bonus damage based on his target's maximum health.
- Blade's Reach (Second Ability): Kayn will damage and slow all enemies in an AoE. As Darking (Rhaast), this ability will allow him to knock up all targets hit. As the Shadow Assassin, this ability's range is extended and Kayn can manipulate his shadow to perform this attack for him, allowing him to cast on the move.
- Shadow Step (Third Ability): Kayn will be able to walk through any terrain, including walls and other obstacles. As the Shadow Assassin, he will gain Slow Immunity and increased movement speed while reducing its cooldown.
- Umbral Trespass (Ultimate): Kayn will hide inside an enemy's body and deals massive area damage when he bursts out. As Darkin (Rhaast), this Ultimate will deal increased damage and heal Kayn based on the occupied enemy's health. As Shadow Assassin, this Ultimate will gain increased range and reset The Darkin Scythe's bonus damage cooldown.
Kayn is planned to be released during patch 3.5 on November 17.
Wild Rift Patch 3.5 New Champion - Lillia
Lillia is a fast-moving champion with an array of powerful spells that make her a strong Jungler. As a shy fawn spirit, she is opposite the Darkin champions who arrive in Wild Rift beside her. But don't be fooled; Lillia can deliver constant damage with her spells and can even act as a support initiator with her slow and sleep abilities.
Here's a look at Lillia's abilities in detail:
- Dream-Laden Bough (Passive): All enemies who are affected by any of Lillia's abilities will have Dream Dust applied to them. This Dust deals max health damage over time.
- Blooming Blows (First Ability): Lillia will passively gain move speed when hitting enemies with an ability (which stacks with more hits). She can also activate this ability to deal magic damage to nearby enemies and additional true damage to those on the edge of the area.
- Watch Out! Eep! (Second Ability): Lillia will deal damage in a nearby area. Bonus damage will be dealt to those in the center.
- Swirlseed (Third Ability): Lillia will hurl a seed that damages and slows those it lands on. If the seed does not land on anything, it will continue to roll until it hits another target or wall.
- Lilting Lullaby (Ultimate): Lillia will put all enemy champions affected by Dream Dust to sleep after a short delay. Enemies will wake up when they take damage from your team.
Lillia will be released during patch 3.5b on December 21.
Stay up to date with the latest Wild Rift news and guides: