Every now and then, Riot will experience issues that will shut down the servers in Legends of Runeterra. Here's how you can know if the servers are down!
Legends of Runeterra is an online game played by millions of people from all over the world every month. To support this absolutely massive game, multiple servers are needed to host the many multiplayer games that take place. They are currently sectioned into different regions such as the Americas, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. Riot usually handles the servers incredibly well, however, they can occasionally crash for a variety of different reasons.
Here's how you can check the status of the Legends of Runeterra servers!
How To Check Legends of Runeterra Server Status
You can easily check the server status of Legends of Runeterra by following these simple steps:
- Go to the Riot Games Service Status site.
- Select Legends of Runeterra from the list of games.
- Choose your region and preferred language from the list of options.
- A message showing the status of the Legends of Runeterra servers will appear. If an issue has been resolved, you may check the 'recently closed' section for a full list of the resolved issues in the past 24 hours.
Currently, the Legends of Runeterra servers are working. However, expect service disruptions with the release of patch 3.12 on August 8, 2022. These are the regions affected and the times the game will be unavailable:
- Americas: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM PDT
- Europe: 4:00 PM - 7:00 PM PDT
The Riot Games Service Status site is also a good resource for checking the status of other Riot games such as League of Legends, Valorant, and Wild Rift.
Reporting A Server Issue
The Riot Games Service Status site is usually a reliable source, however, it is prone to making mistakes. If you believe there is truly an issue regarding the servers in Legends of Runeterra, you can report it to Riot by following these instructions:
- If you are still on the message board after you've followed the instructions above, locate the 'Report an issue' button at the right-hand bottom of the screen and select it. If you're not, please follow the steps above to get to this page.
- Select the type of issue you're currently facing in Legends of Runeterra from the list of options. These regard purchase history, bugs, installation aid, and general gameplay.
- A ticket will be generated where you will have to add information about the issue in the form presented. Submit this form once you have completed it.
- Riot will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you can contact the Riot Support Twitter page as they are quite active there and have responded to issues faced by players in the past.
Reasons For A Server Crash
The Legends of Runeterra servers may crash for a plethora of reasons. These are:
- Patch updates: These are usually introduced to the game every few weeks and may result in the servers being down for a brief period of time. You can check if a new patch update is set to be released through the Legends of Runeterra site or Twitter page.
- Error 050100: The error is the result of servers crashing due to a server overload. This error usually occurs in servers in the Asia-Pacific. These are usually resolved quickly, but you can contact Riot using the steps above.
- Error 130100: This error is also the result of servers crashing due to a server overload. These are usually resolved quickly, but you can contact Riot using the steps above.
- Error 170000: Another issue where servers are overloaded. This error usually occurs in servers in the Americas. These are usually resolved quickly, but you can contact Riot using the steps above.
Besides these reported issues, problems may be a result of a bad internet connection on the player's side or the Legends of Runeterra app requiring an update.
Stay up to date with the latest Legends of Runeterra news and guides: