Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile has been soft-launched in Australia. Find out everything you need to know about the game, including the global release date, features, and much more.
After months of invite-only testing, Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile has been given a soft launch, or limited release as the developers have come to call it, with the game now widely available in Australia.
This soft launch introduced several new features not previously seen in the game, such as cross-progression with Modern Warfare II and Warzone 2.0, a battle pass system and the addition of conventional multiplayer modes.
More features are expected to be added, including the Gunsmith, as the developers get the game ready for its global release, expected sometime in 2023.
Below you can find everything there is to know about Warzone Mobile, including the release date, features, system requirements, and more.
Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile - Release Date
Warzone Mobile was launched in Australia on December 1 and is now available to anyone inside the country (and outside using some tricks) on Android and iOS devices.
The developers have promised to add more countries/regions to the game's soft launch, with the game expected to get its global release sometime in the first half of 2023.
While we can't say for certain when those new regions will be added or when exactly the game will be released globally, we can't think the developers will want to keep us out for too long, and if the vast majority don't have access to the game by March 2023, we will eat our proverbial hat.
Warzone Mobile is available on both Android and iOS, the system requirements for each operating system have changed from the alpha to the soft launch.
Here are the developer's current recommendations:
- Apple: iPhone 8+ or better
- Android: Adreno 618 or better
- Memory: 3GB RAM or better
Optimizations, and on the flipside graphical improvements, can be expected throughout the soft launch and beyond, so don't be surprised if these system requirements change.
With the game's soft launch, several new features and mechanics were added to the game that makes for a well-rounded experience, including a battle pass system and cross-progression with Modern Warfare II/Warzone 2.0.
There are also now two conventional multiplayer modes present in the game: Team Deathmatch and Domination.
A full list of features can be found below:
- Two Battle Royale modes
- 20-minute matches - quads grouping.
- 10-minute matches - duos grouping.
- Two Multiplayer playlists on two maps
- Team Deathmatch (6v6)
- Domination (6v6)
- Scrapyard and Superstore maps.
- Social Features
- Friend List – Shared across Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare® II.
- Party – Maximum size six in a match.
- Channels – Up to five, for chat across Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
- Voice Chat – In and out of game across Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
- A unique way to acquire new items while pushing through milestones and earning points that can be redeemed for rewards.
- Similar to other Call of Duty titles, these challenges will task players with completing sets of weapon, skill, or equipment-based tasks. These challenges offer a variety of rewards and a great way to get players to try out different play styles or tactics.
- Note, some Challenges will not be available at the start of the Limited Release but will come online over time.
- Shared Progression features across Call of Duty: Warzone Mobile, Call of Duty: Warzone 2.0, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II.
- Player level
- Battle Pass
- Weapon Progress
- A host of additional content, including Gunsmith, will be added throughout the Limited Release.
Expect more features to be added throughout the soft launch and beyond.
We already know that three more maps are expected for the conventional multiplayer modes, and a ranked mode for the battle royale has also been confirmed.
Remember to pre-register your interest into the title to get yourself five rewards and more when the game eventually gets its global launch.
We will continue to update this page with more information as we get it.
For more Warzone Mobile news and guides, check out: