It's been confirmed that Ornn, Volibear, and Swain are the new champions for Wild Rift patch 4.2.
Patch 4.2 is coming to Wild Rift on May 25 and things are heating up. Riot has revealed that the upcoming update will introduce three new champions: Ornn, Volibear, and Swain.
To many players, this didn't come as a surprise as the devs had previously hinted throughout the past few months that we'd be getting a lore-filled duo and a champion who has a notorious affiliation with crows.
These three champions and their respective abilities will provide a breath of fresh air to the meta. They'll lend their abilities, for the most part, to the baron and mid-lane. Needless to say, they're welcome additions who we can't wait to start playing with.
That being said, here's a look at Wild Rift patch 4.2's newest champions.
Wild Rift Patch 4.2 New Champion - Ornn
Ornn will finally be coming to Wild Rift. This demi-god will serve as a strong tank champion for the baron lane. His beefy set of abilities allows him to remain durable during team fights and even initiate battles.
Here's a look at Ornn's abilities:
- Living Forge (Passive): Ornn gains bonus armor and magic resistance from all sources. He can spend gold to forge non-consumable items anywhere on the Rift. Ornn can also create masterwork items for himself and his allies. Once he reaches a certain level, forging items near an ally will grant them a charge that enables them to purchase items anywhere on the map.
- Volcanic Rupture (First Ability): Ornn will slam the ground and send out a fissure that deals damage and slows enemies hit. After a delay, a magma pillar will form at the end of the fissure.
- Bellows Breath (Second Ability): Ornn will breathe fire in front of him. All enemies hit by this flame ball become Brittle.
- Searing Charge (Third Ability): Ornn will charge in a line and damage all enemies hit. If he hits a terrain while charging, the impact will create a shockwave around Ornn which deals additional damage and knocks up enemies.
- Call of the Forge God (Ultimate): Ornn will summon an elemental at a location that will travel towards him with increasing speed. Enemies who are run over by this elemental take damage, are slowed, and are made Brittle. Re-casting the Super makes Ornn charge into the elemental and causes him to re-direct it in a different direction.
Wild Rift Patch 4.2 New Champion - Volibear
Ornn's brother will also be added to Wild Rift. Volibear is a baron lane champion who capitalizes on his strong attack damage and offensive abilities to win matches. He stands to be a great pick if you're looking for an initiator or consistent damage dealer.
Here's a look at Volibear's abilities:
- The Relentless Storm (Passive): Volibear's attacks and abilities grant attack speed which will eventually allow his attacks to deal bonus magic damage to nearby enemies.
- Thundering Smash (First Ability): Volibear gains movement speed and the ability to stun and damage the first enemy he attacks.
- Frenzied Maul (Second Ability): Volibear will damage an enemy and apply on-hit effects. Re-casting this ability on the same enemy will deal bonus damage and heal Volibear for a certain amount.
- Sky Splitter (Third Ability): Volibear will summon a lightning bolt at a targeted location. It will deal damage and slow any enemies hit. It also grants Volibear a shield if he's inside the blast radius.
- Stormbringer (Ultimate): Volibear will leap to a targeted location. He will slow and damage all enemies hit while granting him bonus HP. Any enemy towers hit by Volibear with this Ultimate will become temporarily disabled.
Wild Rift Patch 4.2 New Champion - Swain
Swain is a champion who is perfectly suited for the mid-lane. His abilities allow him to potentially be an extremely tanky champion who will remain durable during battles. Swain's Super allows him to be a decent initiator and reliable damage dealer.
Swain was released at the beginning of patch 4.2.
Here's a look at Swain's abilities:
- Ravenous Flock (Passive): Swain's ravens will collect Soul Fragments that heal him and permanently increases his maximum HP.
- Death's Hand (First Ability): Swain will send out several bolts that will pierce through enemies. Any enemy hit will take more damage depending on the number of bolts they are struck by.
- Vision of Empire (Second Ability): Swain will open a demon eye that will deal damage (more done to enemies hit by crowd control) and slow enemies. Enemies hit are also revealed, if hidden, and will grant Swain an additional Soul Fragment.
- Nevermove (Third Ability): Swain will send out a wave of demonic power in front of him. It will then return to him and root all enemies it hits. Swain can then choose to pull all rooted enemy champions closer toward him. This ability has a shorter cooldown during Demonic Ascension.
- Demonic Ascension (Ultimate): Swain will transform into a demon and drain HP away from nearby enemy champions, minions, and neutral monsters. He can also cast Demonflare to damage and slow nearby enemies. Swain will remain in this form as long as he drains HP from enemy champions.
For more Wild Rift guides, check out: