The Savage Land season will be available in Marvel Snap during January 2023. Here are all the details you need to know about it.
It's a new year and Marvel Snap is kicking off 2023 with one of their most ferocious seasons to date. Lasting for the entire month of January, the Savage Land season will be bringing this back to Earth after the out-of-this-world Power Cosmic season in December.
We'll be traversing through the thick dense forests of Savage Land and explore what mysterious things it has in store for us.
There's a lot to look forward to as the upcoming season will introduce several new cards, Locations, variants, cardbacks, avatars, and game mode. These are exciting additions to Marvel Snap and will surely make the game better than ever before. Let's dive into everything that the Savage Land season has to offer.
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season New Card - Zabu
Zabu is a 3-cost 2-Power card with the Ongoing ability that makes your 4-cost cards cost 2 less (minimum 1). He will be a powerful card for decks that utilize 'On Reveal' cards or ones that rely on swarming opponents with low-cost cards. However, he can be easily countered by Enchantress.
You can unlock Zabu by purchasing the Savage Land Season Pass.
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Locations
Five new Locations are coming to Marvel Snap in the Savage Land season. These include:
- Altar of Death: When you play a card here, destroy it to get +2 Energy next turn.
- Collapsed Mine: Fill this Location with Rocks. Skip a turn to destroy your Rocks.
- Eternity Range: After turn 3, add a Rock to the losing player's side.
- Plunder Castle: Only cards that cost 6 can be played here.
- Rickety Bridge: After each turn, if there is more than one card here, destroy them.
During the new season, they'll be highlighted in the weekly Location Spotlight rotation. During this, each one of these Locations have a higher chance of appearing in games.
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Series 5 Cards
Four new Series 5 cards are coming to Marvel Snap in the Savage Land season. These include:
- Dazzler: Ongoing: If you have 4 cards at each Location, +6 Power
- Shadow King: On Reveal: Set all cards here to their original base Power
- Shanna: On Reveal: Add a random 1-cost card to each Location
- Sauron: On Reveal: Remove the abilities from all Ongoing cards in your hand and deck
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Battle Mode
Marvel Snap will finally have a game mode that will allow you to battle friends: Battle Mode. It's a competitive format that will enable the creation of new tournaments.
In Battle Mode, two players will play multiple matches against one another using the same deck. Each player starts with 10 Health. The loser of each game will lose Health equal to the value staked in the Cube. The first player to lose all their Health will ultimately lose the match. Battle Mode matches cannot end in a tie.
In a Friendly match in Battle Mode, your Rank will not be affected if you lose or win a match.
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Variants
Over twenty new variants will come to Marvel Snap in the Savage Land season. There are a few notable ones however - here they are:
- Ka-Zar (available in the Season Pass)
- Storm (available in the Season Pass)
- Zabu (available in the Season Pass)
- Enchantress (Rare)
- She-Hulk (Super Rare)
- Shuri (Super Rare)
- Kraven Horley (available in the Primal Masterpiece Bundle)
- Sabretooth Horley (available in the Primal Masterpiece Bundle)
- White Tiger (available in the Primal Masterpiece Bundle)
- Devil Dinosaur Horley (available in the Dino Sized Bundle)
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Avatars
Seven new Avatars are coming in the Savage Land season of Marvel Snap. These are:
- Devil Dinosaur
- White Tiger
Marvel Snap Savage Land Season - New Cardbacks
Two new card backs have arrived in the Savage Land season of Marvel Snap.
Stay up to date with the latest Marvel Snap news and guides: